3 years HW warranty and SW support
For the Ambedded Ceph Storage Appliance, Ambedded provides a standard warranty for the Mars series. The warranty starts from the shipping date of the manufacturer.
Ceph Storage Appliance / SUSE Enterprise Storage Appliance
Hardware Warranty: 3 Years
Software Warranty & Maintenance: 3 Years, SUSE Enterprise Storage appliance also including a 3 years L3 subscription service supported by Ambedded.
For products containing storage devices (hard drives, flash drives, etc.), back up your data before sending the products for repair. Ambedded is not responsible for any loss of data.
Please ensure the use of properly licensed software with our systems. Ambedded does not condone the use of pirated software and will not service systems using such software.
Ambedded will not be held legally responsible for products shipped with unlicensed software installed by the user.
Product warranties remain valid provided the product was properly installed and used. Defects, malfunctions, or failures of the warranted product caused by damage resulting from acts of God (such as floods, fire, etc.), environmental and atmospheric disturbances, other external forces such as power line disturbances, host computer malfunction, plugging the board in under power, or incorrect cabling, and damage caused by misuse, abuse, and unauthorized alteration or repair, are not warranted.
A product will not be warranted in the following situations:
● The product is defective after the warranty period has expired.
● The product has been subjected to misuse, abuse, or unauthorized repair, whether by accident or other cause. Such conditions will be determined by Ambedded at its sole and unfettered discretion.
● The warranty for customized and ODM products is defined by contract and is excluded from this policy.
● For the product is an accessory not carrying the Ambedded brand name. In this case, warranties are limited to the warranty provided by the original manufacturer of the accessory. Examples of such products and accessories are power adaptors and cables.
● The product has been updated, reworked, or improperly tested by the customer, or by a third party at the request of the customer.
● The product is damaged beyond repair due to natural disasters, such as by lightning, flood, earthquake, etc.
● Products with altered and/or damaged serial numbers are not entitled to and will not be serviced by Ambedded.
This warranty is limited to the repair and/or replacement, at Ambedded's sole discretion, of the defective product during its warranty period. Ambedded will replace any product found to be defective within the first three months from the shipping date of Ambedded said product was properly installed and used. The customer must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number before returning the defective product to Ambedded for service.
The customer agrees to insure the product or assume the risk of loss or damage during transit, to prepay shipping charges, and to use the original shipping container or equivalent. Customers may either seek assistance from the original dealer, or the closest Ambedded Service Office. Repaired or replaced products are warranted for ninety (90) days from the date of repair or replacement, or for the remainder of the original product's warranty period, whichever is longer.
For large order projects, customers may purchase a post-warranty repair service. Such products may have a shorter chipset life cycle, or some parts may have a limited warranty from the original supplier of the parts. Please contact Ambedded's sales department if you would like to have this service.
Limitation of Liability
The provisions of the warranty are in place of any other warranty, whether expressed or implied, written or oral. Ambedded's liability arising out of the manufacturer, sale, or supplying of the product and its use, whether based on warranty, contract, negligence, product liability, or otherwise, shall not exceed the original cost of the product. In no event shall Ambedded be liable for unintended or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, a loss of profits or use damages arising out of the manufacture, sale, or supplying of the product.