Ceph Storage Appliance
Unified Virtual Storage, UniVirStor (UVS)
Mars 400 Ceph Storage Appliance is a turn-key software-defined storage solution for enterprise and data center. The appliance integrates ARM-Based Micro-Server with tuned Ceph and web user interface.
Mars 400 provides a unified storage cluster that supports the object, block, and file system. It is designed to provide excellent performance, reliability, and scalability with no single point of failure and minimum failure domain.
Benefit on ARM microserver architecture
Mars series server platforms accommodate 8x Dual-Core ARM 64-bit servers in a one-rack-unit (1RU) chassis. Two in-chassis redundant switches provide 4x10 Gbps uplink for horizontal scale-out and client access. It eliminates network - storage device bottlenecks by pairing a single server node with a single storage device. Every ARM server node provides dedicated CPU, memory, storage and network interface resources to its supported object storage device (OSD). As a result, OSD performance is far more balanced than traditional single-server node designs supporting many OSDs. Further, Mars platform architecture provides greater accessibility due to its lack of a single point of failure. Also, by limiting the failure domain to a single disk, the Mars exhibits faster recovery from microserver failures.
UVS manager to eliminate the entry barrier on Ceph Storage use.
Ceph software-defined storage is powerful and agile. However, managing the Ceph cluster is not a simple task. Ambedded's web-based management tool UniVirStor (UVS) Manager enables the IT managers to manage the Ceph cluster easily through the graphical user interface.
The UVS manager provides features for Ceph deployment, monitoring, managing pool, block device image, CephFS file system, object storage gateway, CRUSH map, iSCSI LUNs, and disaster recovery, etc.
It automates commonly used functions to simplify the administrator's workload and avoid human errors caused by using the command-line interface.
The UVS manager runs on all monitor nodes to provide redundancy. You don't need extra servers to host the UVS manager software to build the high availability user interface.
- Tuned Ceph appliance powered by ARM microserver.
- Unified storage cluster supports object, block and file system.
- Unlimited capacity and performance Scalability.
- Fast self-healing speed scale with cluster size.
- Multi-site and mirroring disaster recovery.
- Easy deploy, manage and monitor by the web-based user interface.
- Flexible configuration. Each microserver node can be Ceph MON, OSD, MDS, RGW, or iSCSI gateways.
- Share nothing architecture. Every Ceph MON, OSD and MDS daemon run on his dedicated server node.
- High density 8x Arm 64 node in one rack unit chassis.
- Low power consumption: 105 Watts power consumption per appliance.
- No single point of failure server cluster in a box.
- OpenStack backend storage.
- Kubernetes persistent volume and container storage interface.
- Scale out NAS / SAN.
- S3 / Swift object storage.
- Mars 400 Ceph Storage Appliance Video
The benefits to run Ceph storage on ARM-based Microserver comparing to traditional storage.
Mars 200 ceph storage appliance won the Best Choice Golden Award.
Discover the ARM-based microserver architecture for the Ceph storage.
Mars 400 Mars 400SES Datasheet
Ceph appliance & SUSE Enterprise storage datasheet
Ceph Storage Appliance | Ambedded
Located in Taiwan, Ambedded Technology Co., LTD. is a Ceph Storage Appliance | software-defined storage company that offers ARM based software defined storage appliances with 60% CapEX saving, 70% less power consumption and 100% scale out advantages.
For Software-defined storage designing and manufacturing, Ambedded team has broad experience to help customers to adopt the ceph solution into versatile industries, such as Telecom, medical, military, edge datacenter and HA required enterprise storage.
Ambedded has been offering customers Ceph storage solutions since 2013, both advanced technology and 20 years of experience, Ambedded ensures each customer's demands are met.
Have any question?