Ambedded Releases The Ceph Management GUI UVS Manager 2.16.19 with Ceph Pacific07 Oct, 2021
Ambedded announces the release of UVS Manager v2.16.19 for Ceph storage appliance.
Version 2.16.19 is the first release of UVS manager for Ceph Pacific. Due to the coming CentOS 8 phased out. We modified a significant portion of UVS codes to replace CentOS 8 to Ubuntu 18.04.LTS and upgrade Ceph to v16.2.5 Pacific.
This release also provides the new snapshot based RBD mirroring deployment and management. This improves the user experience on both RBD mirroring management and its performance.
The UVS v2.16.19 includes an automatic updater to replace the Linux and upgrade your Ceph cluster to Pacific without interrupting your storage service.
Customers can keep using the UVS v2.15.18 (Ceph Octopus) or upgrade it to this new release. If you are using the earlier UVS version, you have to upgrade v2.15.18 before you can upgrade to v2.16.19.
For more details, please refer to the v2.16.19 release notes for details.
What's New in Ceph Pacific
Please refer to Ceph Pacific release notes.
What's new in Ambedded UVS Manager v2.16.19
- Ceph Version: 16.2.5 (Pacific)
- Operating System ੦ Upgrade Linux to Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
੦ Kernel upgrade to 5.4.119
- Deployment & Management: ੦ Modify the UVS manager to meet the requirement of deploying ceph Pacific.
੦ Modify the UVS manager to adopt the change of Ceph Pacific.
੦ Modify the console RESTORE function to meet the need of Ceph Pacific.
੦ Add a local docker registry container to support the deployment of Ceph services in the environment without an internet connection.
੦ Change the container engine from podman to docker.
੦ Add date update to node restore function to avoid a restore failure due to node RTC having a large time shift.
- Network Configuration: ੦ We recommend using separated Ceph cluster and public networks to get better performance for the new deployment. If you are using a combined network and want to adjust the network, please contact Ambedded for support.
- OSD: Tuning OSD-related configurations to get better performance.
- RBD Mirroring: ੦ Modify the RBD mirroring feature in the UVS manager to support snapshot-based mirroring.
੦ Add snapshot schedule management.
੦ Modify Ceph Pool and Image page with additional RBD mirroring status.
- Ceph File System: Create subvolume group and subvolume after creating CephFS for the client to mount.
For the customers who want to upgrade to UVS manager v2.16.19, please review the upgrade guide on v2.16.19 release notes.
- Related Products
Mars 400 Mars 400SES Datasheet
Ceph appliance & SUSE Enterprise storage datasheet
Ambedded - A professional Ceph storage solution to the market.
Located in Taiwan since 2013, Ambedded Technology Co., LTD. is a Ceph storage solution provider that offers ARM based software defined storage appliances with 60% CapEX saving, 70% less power consumption and 100% scale out advantages.
For Software-defined storage designing and manufacturing, Ambedded team has broad experience to help customers to adopt the ceph solution into versatile industries, such as Telecom, medical, military, edge datacenter and HA required enterprise storage.
Ambedded has been offering customers Ceph storage solutions since 2013, both advanced technology and 20 years of experience, Ambedded ensures each customer's demands are met.