Ambedded and SUSE Partner to Deliver Powerful, Arm-based Ceph Storage Appliance
Today, Ambedded announced it has selected SUSE to power its Enterprise Software Storage appliance solution. The Ambedded microserver, based on the Arm®v8-A architecture, and Ceph management GUI will be integrated with SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 as a turnkey storage solution, reducing the total cost of ownership and shortening the time-to-market for scalable Ceph storage appliances. The solution also aims to reduce barrier-to-entry for organizations that intend to deploy Ceph clusters with limited engineering resources.
Ambedded launch the Mars 400SES SUSE Enterprise Storage Appliance.
Ambedded has been recognized as the leader of Arm-based microserver Ceph storage appliances since 2016. The Interop award-winning microservers are part of Ambedded’s Mars Series which are designed for Ceph and aim to solve large outages caused by single-node failures. These single-node failures can cause multiple Object Storage Devices (OSD) to go down at the same time, prompting mass-data recovery on a production cluster. Instead of using a centralized server architecture with one server node hosting multiple OSDs, Ambedded leverages a microserver architecture to minimize the failure domain to one single OSD, leveraging the Mars 1 U chassis to accommodate eight microserver nodes.
- There are five major benefits running SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 on this microserver architecture:
- It offers the smallest failure domain to OSD level compared to the x86 centralized server platforms
- All Ceph daemons own hardware resources to get a balanced workload, resulting in increased cluster performance and Stability.
- Customers can use just 3x1U Mars 400 appliances to build a high-availability SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 (Ceph) cluster. This reduces the initial investment of building a SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 cluster with a minimum of 7~8 units x86 servers.
- The Ambedded Mars 400SES consumes a maximum of 100 watts of power, saving customers more than 60% of power utility on the server compared to the same scale Ceph cluster powered by x86 servers.
- Under the power supply limitation on each rack, Mars 400 can accommodate 1.6 times of OSD compared to general x86 servers.
- Accelerating innovation by removing storage silos and giving customers easier access to different types of data while enabling them to quickly extract data using cutting-edge search and analytics tools.
- Maximizing application availability with faster and more granular backups that leverage cloud resources for improved data protection.
- Responding to changing business demands faster with the ability to quickly and easily leverage public cloud resources as part of storage infrastructure.
- Optimizing data placement with the ability to automatically and efficiently move data between all tiers of storage based on policy, ensuring access to critical data when customers need it
- Improving IT efficiency with a single, scalable storage solution that meets all storage requirements for containerized and cloud-enabled workloads, no matter where they live.
Customers across a wide range of industries are actively looking for Ceph based appliances that can be easily deployed in use cases that vary from the edge to the data center to the cloud,” noted SUSE’s Larry Morris, Director of Product Management for Software-Defined Infrastructure. “SUSE is pleased to be partnering with Ambedded to deliver this cutting edge Arm-based appliance.”
“A world of one trillion connected devices is only possible if we continue to remove the barriers to a building a stronger infrastructure for those devices and the data they will generate,” said Kevin Ryan, senior director of ecosystem development, Infrastructure Line of Business, Arm. “The Arm-based microserver from Ambedded and SUSE is another step in delivering the performance and efficiency required to manage the explosion of data at the edge and into the cloud.”
Ambedded offers experienced technical support and consulting services for Ceph covering telecom, data center, government, web hosting, and enterprise applications. Ambedded also offers a feature-rich Ceph management web-based GUI, Unified Virtual Storage Manager (UVS Manager) to ease the deployment and management of Ceph storage.
Ceph storage solutions are gaining attention in many markets, including IT and cloud service providers, data centers, academic institutions, the medical industry, as well as across IoT and machine learning applications. Ambedded provides Ceph the support needed for many mission-critical applications that require the Level 3 software support from a commercial service provider like SUSE. This includes business and technical support in areas spanning software-defined infrastructure, cloud solutions, SAP solutions, IT infrastructure management and Software-defined storage.
Based on the Ceph Nautilus release, SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 allows Ambedded customers to seamlessly adapt to changing business demands by:
The Mars 400SES SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 Appliance also helps customers to reduce operational IT expenses by:
- Related Products
Ceph Storage Appliance
Mars 400 Ceph storage appliance HW & SW datasheet.
Ambedded and SUSE Partner to Deliver Powerful, Arm-based Ceph Storage Appliance | UVS Manager - Simplifying Ceph Deployment | Ambedded
Located in Taiwan since 2013, Ambedded Technology Co., LTD. has been a block and object storage solutions provider. Their major data storage management include, Ceph storage technology, ARM server integration, Software-defined storage, Enterprise storage optimization, Ceph appliance cost savings, storage management software and block and object storage solutions. They provider professional Ceph support, scalable storage systems with high storage efficiency in the data center.
Ambedded offers cutting-edge Ceph storage solutions on ARM microservers, tailored for B2B buyers seeking to optimize their enterprise storage systems. Our turnkey Ceph appliances reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) and simplify storage management, supporting block, file system, and object storage in a unified platform. With a commitment to innovation and customer support, Ambedded is your trusted partner for scalable and efficient SUSE Enterprise Storage Appliance solutions. Experience seamless integration and professional support to leverage the full potential of Ceph technology in your business.
Ambedded has been providing customers with scalable storage systems and cost-effective Ceph storage management since 2013, and with both advanced technology and 20 years of experience, Ambedded ensures that each customer's needs are met.